8.27.2015

Realistic (hopefully someday) Heads

and so...

I sketched the entire day, and I'm surprised why I was surprised to only produce three pages!
I mean, I need to remind myself that I have not been sketching again lately and that sketching is just like any other skill - it requires lots of practice!

So yeah, it took me about 8 hours to produce all these "realistic heads".

My mentor for today (courtesy of Youtube) is an award-winning art teacher Kelly Eddington of Art Food Kitty. She paints REALLY realistic artwork that I love and would want to make (when I grow up LOL!). I really love to listen to her gentle voice as well as her light sarcasm sprinkled throughout some of her videos. I think she speaks to me. After all that shopping in Youtube for the best technical mentor, I concluded she is just the perfect person to help me improve on my hobby.

I was guided by these videos which are based on my favorite Andrew Loomis technique. Kelly's demos are by far the best ever explanation there is of the technique from Uncle Andy =P

It's funny how I used to think she looked like someone I know/watch, when in fact, she is sister to Emilynoel83, a makeup youtuber I used to also watch when I was learning makeup. It just made me smile to hear Kelly mention Emily days ago from her latest video =)

I will probably be devouring her tutorials for the next few weeks as I believe I can learn so much from her.

Here are my sketches for today:

I started with the one on the top left-most. Ugh! I know right? I need practice - lots of it!



ahhh, my favorite subject - women...


And of course, men... or what I'd hope for them to look like =P
Sigh... it saddened me a bit to know I'm not as quick as I think I am with these heads. But no problem, the solution is to sketch at least an hour every day! I should make time. I should invent time for it - nothing more, nothing less.

Hopefully, I can show more sketches next week.

hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment